|Name||Christopher William Crewdson|
|Date of birth||04/09/1984|
|Driving||Full current clean driving licence|
Head of web design
T&G Web Design
T&G Web Design is a expanding web design company based in Leyland, I have joined them to bring my knowledge and experience in helping them grow.
From web design and development to marketing, SEO and hosting we offer a range of high quality services.
- Create bespoke WordPress themes
- Debug, update and support various WordPress websites
- Developing bespoke WordPress plugins and features
- Create bespoke Magento themes
- Create bespoke OpenCart themes
- Design, develop and support bespoke web platforms
- Manage and maintain the web server, including the MySQL databases and email accounts
- Optimising clients websites
- Performing updates to clients websites, including html, Opencart, Couch, Magento and WordPress frameworks
- Optimising websites for search engines (search engine optimisation)
- Attending potential new client meetings to help discuss their needs and offering possible solutions
- Providing customer support via the phone and email
Oct 2006 - Feb 2015
Design & Development Manager
Tourist Information Centres Ltd, Full-Time
Tourist Information Centres Ltd were a website design agency, providing website and ecommerce services. Instead of simply creating a website and handing it over to the client, we offered a lower monthly maintenance fee which covered the website creation and the ongoing maintenance of the website.
During my time at TIC Ltd I had many roles throughout the years, when I started in 2006 I was a junior website designer, in which I reported to the head designer. My role was to get a draft design brief from the client, produce a static mock-up of the possible homepage and take the accepted design along with the copywriting elements to produce the full website, along with implementing the daily updates to the existing clients websites.
When I initially joined in 2006, TIC Ltd were only offering static based websites, due to my knowledge of e-commerce platforms we started to offer e-commerce websites to our clients, the first few e-commerce websites were bespoke for each client, but due to the nature of the way that we offered our services we wanted a way to streamline the process, we looked at multiple third party open source solutions but at the time none of them offered the combination of features, usability and security that we required.
My role then evolved to include the planning and creation of an e-commerce platform that we could use in house to offer ecommerce solutions to our clients with a aim for easy usability of both the front and back end, along with allowing our designers to build a wide range of different looking websites on the platform, this lead to the creation of the TIC Webshops v1 platform in 2007.
Due to the success of this platform I then started to work on its successor using knowledge i gathered from the creation of the original platform along with where the marketplace was heading feature wise, I planned, created and tested the TIC Webshops v2 platform which was launched in 2009, at this time my role involved into spending 50% of my time developing/maintaining the two e-commerce platforms, 25% creating new/redesigning websites and 25% doing daily website updates.
Due to the success of the e-commerce websites, this soon became our main area of new business and my role changed to design and development manager in 2010.
I were responsible for managing the design team ensuring the services to our clients were completed as efficiently as possible, managed and assigned workloads to the design team, continued development and the maintenance of the in-house ecommerce platforms pushing new updates out to the platform.
During this role my workload were broken down as 60% development, 15% management, 20% front end design, 5% daily updates.
- Liaised with clients in order to define the requirements for the website
- Designed and developed multiple e-commerce platforms using PHP and MySQL
- Designed web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access
- Investigated, fixed, and debugged software glitches
- Worked with third party API’s (SagePay, PayPal, Google Base, Google Maps)
- Tested website interaction and performance prior to going ‘live’, and monitored and maintained functionality of the website
- Administered multiple MySQL databases
- Provided remote Linux web server management, setting up domains, restarting services, managing email accounts, managing ftp accounts, monitoring error and access logs
- Established methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery were in place
- Managed team members and assigned workloads in a busy fast paced environment
- Provided hardware and software support within the workplace, including setting up PC’s, Laptops, Mobiles, software installation and email configuration
- Ensured quality control on the services we provided
- Monitored and adapted our services to marketplace both by examining third party platforms along with gathering feedback from the sales team
- Provided technical support and training to both staff and clients
- Provided customer service to clients via phone and email
- Provided Windows server management configuring user accounts and Outlook email accounts
- Attended trade shows in a technical role, answering technical questions in relation to the services/products we offered along with the setting up local webshop servers for potential clients to be able to demo the platform
- Attended multiple business meetings with the managing director in relation of acquiring new business
Due to illness of the managing director – he put the company into liquidation in Feb 2015 and all the staff were made redundant.
March 2012 - November 2014
Toccata Internet Consultants
Director of the sister company of Tourist Information Centres Ltd, with the sole focus of developing and supporting the TIC Multishop Platform to both national and international customers.
- Developed a multi-user e-commerce platform.
- Participating in discussions with clients to clarify what they require.
- Designing templates for use within the e-commerce platform.
- Providing technical support to end users
- Developed and supported the white-labelling of the in-house e-commerce platform.
- Supporting several MySQL databases.
- Addressed cross-browser compatibility issues.
Sept 2001 - 2006
Bispham Conservative Club, Part-Time
Worked in a busy team sometimes under pressure, provided a quality service to customers, often being left in sole charge of the games room bar.
- Operating the till and taking cash
- Managing the drink cellar, changing barrels and restocking bottled drinks
- Preparing the bar for service, ensuring work services are kept clean
- Providing a professional, friendly service to all customers
- Understanding the regulations for beverage serving
|Adobe Dreamweaver||Good working knowledge|
|Adobe Photoshop||Good working knowledge, produced layouts, advertisements and various graphics for use with websites and print media|
|Windows OS||Good working knowledge, familiar with advanced management, control panel tasks.|
|XHTML||Good working knowledge, hand-coded HTML/XHTML/HTML5 websites|
|CSS||Good working knowledge|
|PHP||Good working knowledge, created multiple sites and developed in-house e-commerce content management system's written in PHP and MySQL|
|MySQL||Good working knowledge|
|Microsoft Office Suite||Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Office, Excel, Access, Outlook)|
|PC Troubleshooting||Experienced troubleshooting software / hardware problems.|
Skills and Abilities
Able to get along well with co-workers whilst offering guidance and support to co-workers, along with managing the daily tasks of the staff who reported to me.
Willing to try new things and am interested in improving efficiency on assigned tasks, able to organise workload effectively and prioritise tasks, adaptable and able to quickly pick up new techniques.
Attention to detail
Produce work that is orderly and attractive and in line with the clients expectations, Ensure tasks are completed correctly, on time and to a high quality.
Can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, strategically thinking through all parts of the project.
Having a passion for customer service & responding quickly to enquiries via phone and email.
Ordinary Degree of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Blackpool and The Fylde CollegeJune 2006
Edexcel Level 5 BTEC Higher National Diploma
Blackpool and The Fylde College
|Database Design Concepts||Merit|
|Personal Skills Development||Pass|
|Information Systems Project||Pass|
|Data Analysis And Design||Pass|
|Management In IT||Pass|
|MS Office Solution Development||Pass|
|Human Computer Interface||Pass|
Edexcel Level 3 BTEC National Certificate (Software Development)
Blackpool and The Fylde College
Double Grade Distinction Merit
|Language and Communications||Pass|
|Business Information Systems||Merit|
|Introduction To Software Development||Pass|
|System Analysis and Design||Pass|
|Software Development Project||Pass|
|Programming Concepts and Practice||Pass|
|Applications Software Development||Distinction|
CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
Blackpool and The Fylde CollegeJune 2001
Montgomery High School / Blackpool and The Fylde College
|Art (Drawing & Painting)||C|
|Science (Double Modular)||C C|
Education2001 - 2007
Blackpool & The Fylde College
Ashfield Road, Blackpool FY2 0HB1996 - 2001
Montgomery High School
All Hallows Road, Blackpool FY2 0AZ